Friday, June 7, 2013

Remove some of the rock from the wall

With the hole pretty much dug out the next task was to remove some of the rock from the wall - I removed rock from the top and the inside.  Later when the liner is in place I will fold the top edge of it over the top of the wall and re-concrete the rock back.  This will restore the visual finish of the wall and provide a secure, safe, and neat edge to the pond liner.  As for the rocks removed from the inside...well, I did not have to remove them but chose to because I want to re-purpose them later as I finish in the skimmer and the waterfall elements.

With various tools I found that the best was a combination of the air chisel and patience.







During one break I decided to give the panoramic feature of my phone's camera a try.  The following three images were are my attempts with varying amount of success.








With all that rock removed the next exercise will be to clean up rough and sharp concrete points, cut back on the concrete foundation, and finish up the dirt sides all of which will end with smooth and slightly sloping sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment